We charge £5 as a base cost, plus £0.05 per beat per instrumental part, up to the fifth instrumental part, all parts after which will be discounted by 50%.
Use the automated quote generator above to work out the rough cost of your own desired commission.
A guide to what we consider an instrumental ‘part’:
- Any instrument given prominence, or in anything other than a purely accompanying role, for example a piano.
- Any single section of an orchestra, providing all of its instruments operate in a purely accompanying role.
- Any single section within a choir regardless of its role (for example, sopranos, altos, tenors, basses).
- …with the exception of ‘cinematic’ choirs – those ‘faceless’ ‘ahh’ sounds sometimes heard in large film soundtracks only count as one part.
- All untuned percussion within a piece will count as a one part.
- All tuned percussion within a piece will count as a maximum of one part, much like any orchestral section in a purely accompanying role. Untuned and tuned percussion sections are considered separate parts.
- All synthesized sounds in a piece that fall within the following categories will count as one part per category used. Those categories are: Basses, Pads, Leads, Arpeggios/Keyboards.
Please only take the quotes given by the quote calculator as a rough indication of the final cost of the commission. Though we will endeavor to keep within a reasonable range of the price indicated, working to lower the price we charge where possible, we cannot promise that the final price we ask will be exactly the value this calculator produces.
The £5 base cost is payable up front, once the final details of the commission (including the final price) have been agreed upon. All transactions will take place via PayPal.
If you have questions or you’re interested in commissioning us, please contact us via the form below.